Whether you’re new to the business world or a seasoned professional, you want to see results fast.
And if you’re looking to put time and money into SEO projects, you really want to see a quick return on investment.
So before you get into SEO, let us help you understand how it works.
What Are SEO Projects?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It basically refers to any online marketing you wish to perform that uses natural and organic methods to move up the ranks on various search engines like Google and Yahoo.
It basically refers to any online marketing you wish to perform that uses natural and organic methods. These various methods can be free to perform.
SEO is designed to help move your site up the ranks on various search engines like Google and Yahoo.
Here’s what information these search engines are looking for:
- Map Listings: Google especially wants to know where your company is located. We are an SEO company in Portland, OR for example, so we want to make sure Google recognizes that for local search.
- Organic: Can be any kind of content you create online such as your website, blog, etc.
- PPC (Pay Per Click): You pay for your search engine rankings by paying Google to place you at the top. However, these results show up as ads, which are different than organic or map rankings.
What Can Help Your SEO Project Be More Effective?
There are 4 factors that search engines look for when it comes to content.
- Your Domain Name: The longer you own your domain name, the more Google and other search engines will trust your site and its content. Do some research on its former owner’s history when buying a new domain name.
- Keywords and Phrases: These words and phrases help drive traffic to your site.
- Content: It has to be good enough so people want to read it. Then it has to be good enough so Google ranks it.
- Type of Business and Location: It’s free to claim your business listing on Google. Your business will then be listed in the proper category and your clients can find you easily online.
How Long Will It Take?
Certain parts of your projects will take longer to achieve results from than others.
On other SEO projects, you might get lucky and a see a quick turnover.
However, if you’re just starting out, here are the results you can usually expect to see.
Here’s what you can do that might show a quick turnover rate of 24-48 hours:
- Publish new URLs
- Create substantial indexable content on each of those URLs
- Utilize major ping services by pinging them
And here are SEO projects that will take the longest time:
- Performing an audit
- Implementing the work
- Google and other search engines to notice you and recrawl the new content
- Creating new content
SEO projects are like losing weight. If you really want to see positive, lasting results from your efforts, you have to be consistent. While short terms results can be exciting, they may turn out to be the low-hanging fruit. So be excited about the short term results, but trust that good content and commitment will always win in the end.
A good rule of thumb is to budget 3-6 months for a campaign to see how it goes. You may need more time than that to hit all of your goals, but that first window will give you a healthy idea of how to build a long-term, ongoing SEO strategy.
We’re passionate about helping you create amazing content that keeps your customers coming back time and again.
Contact us to see how we can help you outshine your competition!